Saturday, April 14, 2007

Amazing Grace and Social Action

Once again, I saw Amazing Grace in the theater, this time with my grandparents in Arizona. Well, needless to say, I was equally amazed at the hard-hitting message it gave. I felt as if God was speaking to me through that tale.

William Wilberforce was a politician in 18th-19th Century England and he moves to end the slave trade. Well, through perserverance and the spirit of the Lord guiding him, Wilberforce was able to lead a movement.

I want to be like Wilberforce. I want to walk in the power of God and move mountains. I want to serve God's purpose here on this planet, and I feel this strongly. Moving for societal transformation was important in Wilberforce's life, and centering that around the gospel was key. I believe that Wilberforce is definitely in my Top 5 favorite people. What a life, a life lived solely for God's purpose! You can be a Christian politician!

No comments: