Thursday, March 29, 2007

Unifying Constitution

I never cease to be amazed at the brilliance of the Founding Fathers. I just completed a paper about James Madison and the creation of the Bill of Rights. Within that paper I wrote about Madison's desire to foster a unifying factor and superceding power for the people. He decided that the Constitution can help preserve that.

Sparing all the boring historical details, he made it so the people would be loyal to this document, and this document would bring majorities and minorites together. Unpopular religious, political and ethnic minorities will be protected from tyrannical majorities. It is a very beautiful thing that people can live with an independent authority that is unchanging and holds us to our ideals. Madison was a genius.

Even though Rosie O'Donnell says idiotic things and believes that Iran is right in the British Hostage Crisis, we must allow her to speak her mind. Though I think that she is wrong and insane, I cannot bar her from speech, for my loyalty to the Constitution says no.

No comments: