Sunday, November 19, 2006

We the People

I recall when I saw President Bush and Governor Schwarzenegger last year, I was almost giddy with joy. Two powerful people, people who command a great deal of responsibility were in the same room as I. Whenever I see the Congressman I cannot help but love the job that he does in Washington. However, thinking about it know...should we even treat politicians as rockstars?

We should treat them with respect, but not become giddy with joy! They are elected to represent us, elected to take care of issues that are important to us. Even if it was a liberal Democrat I would have been excited as well, because this person has so much responsibility. I have now made it a conscious effort in my life to respect the person in power but also realize that their power is given to them by we the people. They ought to treat us with respect, bowing low and serving our needs, instead of lining their pockets with junkets and "pork." This disrespect of the office transcends all political stripes, with Republicans and Democrats looking out for special interests a lot of the time, instead of we the people.

Let us hold them accountable. For the betterment of the nation, Right or Left.

No comments: