Thursday, July 02, 2009

Real Sex

I was speaking with a friend the other day about a book that I recently read called Real Sex. The book talks about sexuality and the non-Gnostic view that Christianity should take towards it. It affirmed our sexuality while simultaneously tying our physical bodies into a higher calling. During the conversation, I mentioned how the book spoke about reality instead of the fake illusion of sexuality that is peddled to us. Ironically, there is a show by the same name on HBO that promotes their depictions as Real Sex. This prompts me towards today's question. What is real sex? Is it the sex that is outlined in the book or in the show?

I am not going to give my opinion, all I want to do is provoke you to thought and a period of reflection on this important part of humanity.

No comments: