Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Question for You

Lately, I have been wrestling with the concept of the Kingdom of God. What does this mean term even mean? This subject has haunted me like no other!

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done.

What is so important about this Kingdom and what are the implications for people here on earth? I will explore this topic in several upcoming posts, but as I try to grapple with this subject, I wanted to initially ask your opinion. What do you think about the Kingdom of God? What are your reflections on this topic? What does a person look like if they truly followed the Kingdom of God?

2 comments:

Ted said...

This is a very hard question. I wonder if our Prof would be able to give something of a clear answer. When I hear the phrase kingdom of God I think heaven. But the passage doesn't fit for what my mind first thought was the answer. I take the phrase to mean what the lord was asking. For that we strive to have his kingdom reign here and to have his will be the only thing. I used to think that a person who is full of light and joy was the answer to what a person following the kingdom looks like. Which maybe true. But I met a man who walked by faith that it was as if I was looking at a apostle. A man who spoke to God at anytime and anywhere. He relied fully on him. Still does. Not to say he isn't human. But his very being was very calming and humble. It was very unsettling. Every moment with him showed my flaws to me. Every word showed how I can improve. Not by his words but just me watching him. One can not truly say what a person who is follow the kingdom looks like. Then we would start judging others saying hey! you're not following I can tell. But in my heart I felt this man I knew was that description.

Jer said...

The kingdom starts within us. Your comment reminded me of the One who came to this world and knew no sin. He gave us so many parables about the Kingdom and they seemed so contrary to this world! He used people as examples, the widows, farmers and builders. People who invest in this world and in each other, that is how the Kingdom comes down.

Thanks for the answer and the reminder, that God's Kingdom comes through people like that man.